Last offer on the Goose

Don't get out the sawzall yet, Andy. I spread the word about Pride of Toledo being available to our friends up north, and even further... I'd like to see her get another chance to get back in the water.

On 10/17/2020 5:44 AM, Andrew wrote:
Anybody?
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. (Anne Lamott)

I, uh, didn’t see any photos come through. Did I miss it?

Rich

On Oct 17, 2020, at 7:14 AM, Andrew Linn <alinn@andrewlinn.com> wrote:

Here you go. I even have a new, longer mast.
Goose leaving dock at Toledo Boat Show, 2016

On 10/17/2020 6:44 AM, Richard Green wrote:
Andrew, can you produce a photo?

Rich

On Oct 17, 2020, at 6:40 AM, Andrew Linn <alinn@andrewlinn.com <mailto:alinn@andrewlinn.com>> wrote:

It's not in sailable condition. The epoxy coatings need sanded and redone (though I would just seal the wood and paint this time.) The most serious problem is the skegs ( two 1x2s that run the length of the bottom) were scarfed and the scarfing has sprung. I'd just replace 'em.

Epoxy and marine ply throughout. Stainless for all fasteners. It was a pretty quality job, really.

On 10/17/2020 6:35 AM, Richard Green wrote:
Andrew, what’s the state of the goose? This goose isn’t all made out of spruce is it? A spruce goose? But I digress.

I’m assuming it’s the 12’ version since it’s a goose? I’m interested to hear as my ‘glass work is about done on the Livingston 13 that I’m rescuing from the landfill and I might be ready for another project for the winter. Idle hands being the devil’s workshop and all….

Rich

Andrew Linn

On Oct 17, 2020, at 6:40 AM, Andrew Linn <alinn@...> wrote:

[...]

On Oct 17, 2020, at 5:44 AM, Andrew Linn <alinn@andrewlinn.com> wrote: