What's the Deal with Toilet Paper?

It looks like the urge to stockpile piles of toilet paper is an international phenomenon:

https://youtu.be/ia0bfWbOLjY

:o)

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk. (Sir Francis Chichester while loading his boat with gin)

cherrill boissonou

Very funny, John......I think the reason is everyone feels WIPED OUT!!!!!
Earl

On Mar 19, 2020, at 2:46 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

It looks like the urge to stockpile piles of toilet paper is an international phenomenon:

https://youtu.be/ia0bfWbOLjY

:o)

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk. (Sir Francis Chichester while loading his boat with gin)

However, those who scored plenty of rolls feel flush with victory!

On Mar 19, 2020, at 3:04 PM, cherrill boissonou <cboissonou@gmail.com> wrote:

Very funny, John......I think the reason is everyone feels WIPED OUT!!!!!
Earl
On Mar 19, 2020, at 2:46 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

It looks like the urge to stockpile piles of toilet paper is an international phenomenon:

https://youtu.be/ia0bfWbOLjY

:o)

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk. (Sir Francis Chichester while loading his boat with gin)

The other night here in Eugene someone smashed the window of a parked car to steal two cases of toilet paper, and "other valuables"!!

On March 19, 2020 3:04:53 PM PDT, Earl wrote:
Very funny, John......I think the reason is everyone feels WIPED
OUT!!!!!
Earl

It looks like the urge to stockpile piles of toilet paper is an
international phenomenon:

https://youtu.be/ia0bfWbOLjY

:o)
A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought. (Lord Peter Wimsey)
Sent from some sort of mobile device.

Jhcalbany@aol.com

I'm with you John. Can't see a reason for all the tp. I've watched a million hours of news & no one has explained it.

MylesJ Swift

I saw an ad for an enterprising taqueria. They were doing home delivery of a “taco kit”  dinner for 6 that consisted of several taco fillings, a stack of tortillas and 2 rolls of TP.

Don’t forget the Charmin “Forever Roll” which is a great bargain.

https://shop.charmin.com/

Dan

Most of us will remember the visceral joy of lofting a roll into the optimal arc, and then watching it descend across the roof of a rival.  Again, again, and again…do you suppose…naw…there isn’t a TP Wastrel Master Account that kicks in when I got to “that aisle” at Safeway?  Dan.

Case Turner

The juniper trees here were always targeted. Super hard to get the TP out once it was in the grasp of the needle and berries!

Case

Sent from not here

On Mar 19, 2020, at 8:04 PM, Dan <danashore@...> wrote:

Most of us will remember the visceral joy of lofting a roll into the optimal arc, and then watching it descend across the roof of a rival.  Again, again, and again…do you suppose…naw…there isn’t a TP Wastrel Master Account that kicks in when I got to “that aisle” at Safeway?  Dan.

lon wells <lononriver@...>

I heard today that this started in Japan. Their toilet paper is made in China. There was concern to get the older lots, pre-virus. It went live on the internet. I did drive by the Georgia Pacific mill in Camas on Sunday. It’s still in business.