Topics

Good Deal on Light Travel Trailer

On 2/20/2020 11:22 AM, I wrote:
Mary's travel trailer experiment didn't work out well. The trailer was wonderful, but gas mileage and lack of confidence that she could use the thing without me killed the experiment. And, she missed owning a Prius. <g>
https://preview.tinyurl.com/romvg8e
The trailer is almost brand new, It's supposed to weigh under 2,000 lb. dry, so you don't need a Big two vehicle. It's got full headroom, a spacious bathroom, galley, Big bed, TV, solar panel, etc. It tows like a dream. What really sold us on the Little Guy was that it has big windows that open up all the way, so it almost feels like you're outdoors. :o)
https://eugene.craigslist.org/tro/7077550471.html
Priced for quick sale...
Eccentricity has always abounded when and where strength of character has abounded; and the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage which it contained. (John Stuart Mill)

Richard Green

I’m sorry to hear Mary’s trial run didn’t work. And I sympathize. In the spring I bought a 21’ RV and sold it in the fall, just bigger than I’da liked and it just didn’t work.

Rich

On Feb 21, 2020, at 12:33 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

A video walk-through, and some photos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvcPl_OUuU

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2019-Little-Guy-MINI-MAX-5005132796

On 2/20/2020 11:22 AM, I wrote:
[...]

Hank

I can relate to Mary when it comes to RVing by yourself.  My wife thought it would be good for me to do some RVing in the winter since we did have a trailer and a Thousand Trails membership that had little use.  Being some what forgetful I was not to excited in doing it by myself.  However, my son agreed to deliver the trailer and help set it up at a park or two on the coast.  Greatly lowered my stress level just following him in my vehicle especially knowing if something went wrong he would kow how to get help

I found the members and staff at the parks to be friendly and helpful.  This is my second winter doing this experiment and I am enjoying it while my wife gets to have her needed alone time.  LOL 😂   A basic membership is only about $500 per year and gives you 2 weeks usage then requires going some place else befor returning to a 1000 trails park.  Several folks I know go to a state park for the out week then back to TT for 2 weeks.

This year I am using South Jetty near Florence and Whalers Rest at South Beach near Newport as My membership allows going from park to park.  Thinking of going to Depot Bay Wooden boat show this year.  In the past was able to help build boats with the Toledo group.

I would be glad to share more info on what I have learned about solo RVing from ladies that are doing it as well as my own experience if there is more interest in such an idea.

BTW a Prius would be an excellent car for her to use!!

Hank