Topics

Beaver Creek

jim reim

This is The road to the boat ramp about half an hour after today’s high tide. White stuff is foam from the ocean. Water was surging about half way between the ramp and the parking lot. Lots of great wave watching along the ocean.

Thanks for the report, Jim. Not a good day for poking around in beaver Creek... Looking at NOAA's weather conditions page, it seems like it wasn't as wet as the Weatherman was threatening, or quite as windy (though windy enough <g>). It wasn't as awful here as He said it would be. But the ocean lived up to expectations?

On 1/11/2020 3:09 PM, Waldport Jim wrote:
This is The road to the boat ramp about half an hour after today’s high tide. White stuff is foam from the ocean. Water was surging about half way between the ramp and the parking lot. Lots of great wave watching along the ocean.
Winter is icumen in,/Lhude sing Goddamm,/Raineth drop and staineth slop,/And how the wind doth ramm!/Sing: Goddam. (Ezra Pound)

Case Turner

On Jan 11, 2020, at 5:31 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

Thanks for the report, Jim. Not a good day for poking around in beaver Creek... Looking at NOAA's weather conditions page, it seems like it wasn't as wet as the Weatherman was threatening, or quite as windy (though windy enough <g>). It wasn't as awful here as He said it would be. But the ocean lived up to expectations?

On 1/11/2020 3:09 PM, Waldport Jim wrote:
This is The road to the  boat ramp about half an hour after today’s high tide. White stuff is foam from the ocean. Water was surging about half way between the ramp and the parking lot. Lots of great wave watching along the ocean.

Winter is icumen in,/Lhude sing Goddamm,/Raineth drop and staineth slop,/And how the wind doth ramm!/Sing: Goddam. (Ezra Pound)

<BeaverCreekramp-01-11-2020B.jpg>

Damn.

Speaking of which... I wonder what's happening today on the North Spit at Waldport, and the South (Salishan) Spit at Taft?

I love watching a stormy ocean, but I don't need to get up close and personal with it...

On 1/11/2020 5:39 PM, Dirt wrote:
Really not a good day for beach activities.
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/01/3-swept-out-to-sea-near-cannon-beach-1-child-still-missing.html
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." (Isaac Asimov)