Topics

Waterway access Permit

Case Turner

Was just online at ODFW buying all my fishing, hunting tags and licenses for the new year. Also the new Waterway access permit that is required for non-registered boats 10 foot and longer and sailboats under 12 feet. This was the invasive species permit.

The one year fee is $19, the two year fee shaves off a few bucks and comes in at $32.

Don’t forget to get one if you need one.

Need to go sell a kidney so I can pay for all their paper work.

Dirt

Sent from not here

--
Dirt

The article in our local fishwrapper said the waterway access permits were gonna cost $15 a year, but that there maybe an added "administrative charge". <sigh> The extra money beyond the old invasive species permit charge goes to the marine Board, as does the outrageous new fee for our motorboat and sailboat stickers. <sigh>

The shellfish permit is now $10. At least my old fogey fishing license was only $6. But they used to be free! <harrumph>

On 1/6/2020 1:36 PM, Dirt wrote:
Was just online at ODFW buying all my fishing, hunting tags and licenses for the new year. Also the new Waterway access permit that is required for non-registered boats 10 foot and longer and sailboats under 12 feet. This was the invasive species permit.
The one year fee is $19, the two year fee shaves off a few bucks and comes in at $32.
Don’t forget to get one if you need one.
Need to go sell a kidney so I can pay for all their paper work.
Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon. (Mark Twain)

MylesJ Swift

John - If you haved lived in Oregon for at least 50 years you can get a very inexpensive license.

MylesJ

I've got one. $6. But they were Free until just a couple of years ago. <harrumph> No old fogey discount on the crab or waterways permits.

On 1/11/2020 12:05 PM, Myles S wrote:
John - If you haved lived in Oregon for at least 50 years you can get a very inexpensive license.
https://myodfw.com/articles/pioneer-and-other-licenses-seniors
Correlation does not imply causation; except, of course, to your cat. (Craig O'Donnell)

John Weiss

That's right! you still have to pay if you want to be a crab! :)

On 01/11/20 12:18, John Kohnen wrote:
I've got one. $6. But they were Free until just a couple of years ago. <harrumph> No old fogey discount on the crab or waterways permits.
On 1/11/2020 12:05 PM, Myles S wrote:
John - If you haved lived in Oregon for at least 50 years you can get a very inexpensive license.

That makes it a real hardship for us Coots. <sigh>

On 1/11/2020 12:21 PM, John Weiss wrote:
That's right!  you still have to pay if you want to be a crab!  :)
TWinter is nature’s way of saying, "Up yours." (Robert Byrne)