From: Jove Lachman-Curl <jovelc87@...>
Date: 06/05/2020 5:02 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: oregoncoots@groups.io
Subject: [oregoncoots] 46ft pilot cutter rebuild

My friend in Eugene showed me this video series.
A british guy has been restoring a 1910 pilot cutter from England called Tally Ho. Designed by Albert Strange.
She is 46ft on the deck, and he's restoring her from the keel bolts up. It's a great video series.
I particularly liked when he lifted 20 tons of boat off the lead keel with 2 bottle jacks and a lot of time and skill. Started in 2017 he is now up to the deck beams. He's doing the work up in Sequim.
He's got courage and a lot of energy.
I've watched the first dozen episodes and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Enjoy!
-Jove

Jove Lachman-Curl

Thanks for the info Mark.
it's a very interesting build.
and fun to hear you saw the boat growing up there, I wonder how long it sat. do you know?
I thought about volunteering too, but I'm back to work again now after the covid furlough.
-Jove

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 5:25 PM Mark Strader via groups.io <mstrader77=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The guy's name is Leo. His skill and knowledge is well beyond his years. He rescued the boat, where it sat for years, down in Brookings, OR or more specifically Harbor. I have an interest because I remember seeing the Tally Ho covered up on the hard while growing up there. I recognized the location in the first couple videos. I thought about volunteering my time, but he had so much support, he requested a 4 week commitment according to his website.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
My friend in Eugene showed me this video series.
A british guy has been restoring a 1910 pilot cutter from England called Tally Ho. Designed by Albert Strange.
She is 46ft on the deck, and he's restoring her from the keel bolts up. It's a great video series.
I particularly liked when he lifted 20 tons of boat off the lead keel with 2 bottle jacks and a lot of time and skill. Started in 2017 he is now up to the deck beams. He's doing the work up in Sequim.
He's got courage and a lot of energy.
I've watched the first dozen episodes and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Enjoy!
-Jove

Mark Strader

I'm not sure if Leo mentions the time it sat, but I'm thinking 30-40yrs.