Topics

Poer of Toledo Wooden Boat Show This Weekend! Aug. 16-18

The Toledo Wooden Boat Show is this weekend! This show is the Coots' favorite. They always treat us real good, and there are always lots of interesting boats, nice people, and fun activities. Although the show officially runs Saturday and Sunday, most of us show up Friday, and some of us stay over until Monday:

http://www.coots.org/mb/Toledo/

Dirtsailor (Case) will be hosting a potluck dinner Saturday. featuring his carnitas burritos. If you'd like to partake please let him know soon: casesturner@... casesturner at gmail.com .

Bud says we can show up early and stay late with free moorage, as long as we tie up at the transient (new) dock. Actually, we can tie up there for free any time -- the current fee for moorage at the transient dock is now $0 a night, with a "suggested donation"!

The Monday river trip this year will be down to Newport. We'll have to leave at the crack of dawn (7:30 or so) to ride the ebb downriver. I've been assured that we'll have a place to tie up for a while in downtown Newport (not South Beach) to take a nap and then have lunch. We'll have a flood tide to push us back up the river to the airport launch ramp, or Toledo, all afternoon (high tide at Toledo is about an hour later than at Newport).

Newport
Monday 2019-08-19
Sunrise 6:23 AM PDT, Sunset 8:15 PM PDT
Moonset 10:18 AM PDT, Moonrise 10:29 PM PDT
High Tide: 2:59 AM PDT 7.1
Low Tide: 9:23 AM PDT 0.9
High Tide: 3:52 PM PDT 7.1
Low Tide: 9:49 PM PDT 2.2

--
John (@Jkohnen)
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap. (Napoleon Bonaparte)

Richard Green

Is there a place to park my new (used) 23’ loa motor home?

Rich

On Aug 13, 2019, at 1:59 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

[...]

<2019 WBS Poster_F.jpg><2019 Festival schedule - As of 051319.pdf><2019 Music schedule wlinks - As of 051319.pdf>

Case Turner

Actually this year John is pulled pork.

Bring your own plate, bun if needed. I will also have my famous coleslaw.

Several others are bringing sides and the Coots favorites, desert.

I will also have my fire pit with me if the fire chief will allow it. I will not be packing firewood though. I’m sure there’s some somewhere near the mill.

Case

Sent from not here

[...]

We all camp in the grass field along the slough. You can’t miss it.

Sent from not here

On Aug 13, 2019, at 4:57 PM, Richard Green <chaos5@...> wrote:

[...]

elaineginader

Are you bringing the 2 hp motor Rich. I need to know so if I want it I have the cash for you.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 4:57 PM Richard Green <chaos5@...> wrote:
Is there a place to park my new (used) 23’ loa motor home?

Rich

> On Aug 13, 2019, at 1:59 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
>
> The Toledo Wooden Boat Show is this weekend! This show is the Coots' favorite. They always treat us real good, and there are always lots of interesting boats, nice people, and fun activities. Although the show officially runs Saturday and Sunday, most of us show up Friday, and some of us stay over until Monday:
>
> http://www.coots.org/mb/Toledo/
>
> Dirtsailor (Case) will be hosting a potluck dinner Saturday. featuring his carnitas burritos. If you'd like to partake please let him know soon: casesturner@... casesturner at gmail.com .
>
> Bud says we can show up early and stay late with free moorage, as long as we tie up at the transient (new) dock. Actually, we can tie up there for free any time -- the current fee for moorage at the transient dock is now $0 a night, with a "suggested donation"!
>
> The Monday river trip this year will be down to Newport. We'll have to leave at the crack of dawn (7:30 or so) to ride the ebb downriver. I've been assured that we'll have a place to tie up for a while in downtown Newport (not South Beach) to take a nap and then have lunch. We'll have a flood tide to push us back up the river to the airport launch ramp, or Toledo, all afternoon (high tide at Toledo is about an hour later than at Newport).
>
> Newport
> Monday 2019-08-19
> Sunrise  6:23 AM PDT, Sunset  8:15 PM PDT
> Moonset 10:18 AM PDT, Moonrise 10:29 PM PDT
>  High Tide:   2:59 AM PDT   7.1
>   Low Tide:   9:23 AM PDT   0.9
>  High Tide:   3:52 PM PDT   7.1
>   Low Tide:   9:49 PM PDT   2.2
>
> --
> John (jkohnen@...)
> In politics, absurdity is not a handicap. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
>

> <2019 WBS Poster_F.jpg><2019 Festival schedule - As of 051319.pdf><2019 Music schedule wlinks - As of 051319.pdf>

Richard Green

Yes, I’ll bring the Honda 2.   Just tryin’ to get organized..no easy feat for a fête or for any other feat.  I’ll be there Saturday at the least.

Rich

On Aug 13, 2019, at 7:49 PM, elaineginader <elaineginader@...> wrote:

Are you bringing the 2 hp motor Rich. I need to know so if I want it I have the cash for you.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 4:57 PM Richard Green <chaos5@...> wrote:
Is there a place to park my new (used) 23’ loa motor home?

Rich

> On Aug 13, 2019, at 1:59 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
>
> The Toledo Wooden Boat Show is this weekend! This show is the Coots' favorite. They always treat us real good, and there are always lots of interesting boats, nice people, and fun activities. Although the show officially runs Saturday and Sunday, most of us show up Friday, and some of us stay over until Monday:
>
> http://www.coots.org/mb/Toledo/
>
> Dirtsailor (Case) will be hosting a potluck dinner Saturday. featuring his carnitas burritos. If you'd like to partake please let him know soon: casesturner@...casesturner at gmail.com .
>
> Bud says we can show up early and stay late with free moorage, as long as we tie up at the transient (new) dock. Actually, we can tie up there for free any time -- the current fee for moorage at the transient dock is now $0 a night, with a "suggested donation"!
>
> The Monday river trip this year will be down to Newport. We'll have to leave at the crack of dawn (7:30 or so) to ride the ebb downriver. I've been assured that we'll have a place to tie up for a while in downtown Newport (not South Beach) to take a nap and then have lunch. We'll have a flood tide to push us back up the river to the airport launch ramp, or Toledo, all afternoon (high tide at Toledo is about an hour later than at Newport).
>
> Newport
> Monday 2019-08-19
> Sunrise  6:23 AM PDT, Sunset  8:15 PM PDT
> Moonset 10:18 AM PDT, Moonrise 10:29 PM PDT
>  High Tide:   2:59 AM PDT   7.1
>   Low Tide:   9:23 AM PDT   0.9
>  High Tide:   3:52 PM PDT   7.1
>   Low Tide:   9:49 PM PDT   2.2
>
> --
> John (jkohnen@...)
> In politics, absurdity is not a handicap. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
>

> <2019 WBS Poster_F.jpg><2019 Festival schedule - As of 051319.pdf><2019 Music schedule wlinks - As of 051319.pdf>

What's the difference between pulled pork and carnitas, Case? There probably is one, but it must be subtle...

On 8/13/2019 6:48 PM, Case wrote:
Actually this year John is pulled pork.
Bring your own plate, bun if needed. I will also have my famous coleslaw.
Several others are bringing sides and the Coots favorites, desert.
I will also have my fire pit with me if the fire chief will allow it. I will not be packing firewood though. I’m sure there’s some somewhere near the mill.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
A whale ship was my Yale College and my Harvard. (Herman Melville)

Claire Acord

Chili powder vs bbq sauce, and Carnitas is cooked twice, being roasted after the slow cooking part...
But both yummy!
Sorry to miss the event this year, know you all will have fun!
Cheers
Claire

On 8/13/2019 6:48 PM, Case wrote:
> Actually this year John is pulled pork.
>
> Bring your own plate, bun if needed. I will also have my famous coleslaw.
>
> Several others are bringing sides and the Coots favorites, desert.
>
> I will also have my fire pit with me if the fire chief will allow it. I will not be packing firewood though. I’m sure there’s some somewhere near the mill.

--
John (jkohnen@...)
A whale ship was my Yale College and my Harvard. (Herman Melville)

--
Stay afloat with current events....visit Traditional Small Craft Association - Puget Sound's website:
http://www.tscapuget.org

Case Turner

Yep all that and this pulled pork is going to be finished with a bbq style sauce and served with buns, coleslaw and more sauce. No tortillas!

Case

Sent from not here

On 8/13/2019 6:48 PM, Case wrote:
> Actually this year John is pulled pork.
>
> Bring your own plate, bun if needed. I will also have my famous coleslaw.
>
> Several others are bringing sides and the Coots favorites, desert.
>
> I will also have my fire pit with me if the fire chief will allow it. I will not be packing firewood though. I’m sure there’s some somewhere near the mill.

--
John (jkohnen@...)
A whale ship was my Yale College and my Harvard. (Herman Melville)

--
Stay afloat with current events....visit Traditional Small Craft Association - Puget Sound's website:
http://www.tscapuget.org
Claire Acord

--
Dirt

Thanks, Claire. Pulled pork is often smoked too. Both yummy, indeed! :o)

Reserve the third weekend in August 2020 right now!

On 8/14/2019 3:17 PM, Claire wrote:
Chili powder vs bbq sauce, and Carnitas is cooked twice, being roasted after the slow cooking part...
But both yummy!
Sorry to miss the event this year, know you all will have fun!
--
John (@Jkohnen)
It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor. (Max Eastman)

Please tell me you aren't one of those people who put coleslaw _in_ their pork sandwich, Case! I got suckered again at the BBQ joint down the street the other day. "I want a pork sandwich and a side of coleslaw." "We've got a pork sandwich with coleslaw." "Sounds just right!" :o) Not! <sigh>

On 8/14/2019 4:01 PM, Case wrote:
Yep all that and this pulled pork is going to be finished with a bbq style sauce and served with buns, coleslaw and more sauce. No tortillas!
--
John (@Jkohnen)
Patience! Patience! Patience is the invention of dullards and sluggards. In a well-regulated world there should be no need of such a thing as patience. (Grace King)

Case Turner

John I prefer my slaw on the side too.

At camp. On the slough. It’s a beautiful day down here. David and Brian Gage are here

Sent from not here