Topics

[MessaboutW] Whaleboat Needs New Home

michael t <livingit36@...>

Hi there,

Perhaps I missed an email. What are you wanting to be picked up?

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 1:18 PM, w7atr.1@... [MessaboutW]
wrote:

I just dont have the time or resources now.. Someone please come and get her.

Dan W

Andy has a 26' fiberglass US Navy whaleboat. Last time I saw it, it was out by Scappoose. I hope someone takes on his project boat, but be aware that it's a Lot of boat...

--
John (jkohnen@boat-links.com)
You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. (John Morley)

You could always pick up the torch, as it were, Dan. ;o)

On 2/25/2018 4:30 PM, Jetman Dan wrote:
Nooooo, don't give up on her
--
John (jkohnen@boat-links.com)
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. (John Steinbeck)

Dan W

Richard Green

Is it on a trailer?

Rich

On Feb 26, 2018, at 11:44 AM, John Kohnen jkohnen@... [MessaboutW] <MessaboutW@...> wrote:

Andy has a 26' fiberglass US Navy whaleboat. Last time I saw it, it was
out by Scappoose. I hope someone takes on his project boat, but be aware
that it's a Lot of boat...

On 2/25/2018 3:01 PM, michael t wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Perhaps I missed an email. What are you wanting to be picked up?

--
John (jkohnen@...)
You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. (John Morley)

Quiet would sure be nice! I liked your whaleboat except for the racket from that Perkins diesel right in the middle of everything. :o( Maybe an old four-cylinder gas engine from a discarded I/O motorboat could be adapted to fit the gearbox in Andy's whaleboat. With a good exhaust system that might not be too unpleasant...

On 2/26/2018 12:10 PM, Jetman Dan wrote:
As much as I'd love to have another whaleboat, best I pass on it. Think it could be a sweet cruising boat with diesel pulled and motor well built in front of rudder. Hang one of my 50hp Bearcat's in there for much quieter motoring.
Has to be another Coot here who can take her on, and give me rides ;-)
--
John (jkohnen@boat-links.com)
His heart was bound in oak and triple brass who first committed a fragile bark to the raging sea... (Horace)

Andy Rusten

Yes, it's on a trailer and it's back in Marion Oregon. I have all her accessories and spare parts in dry storage.

Andy Rusten

Its a 1968 Navy Motor Whale boat. 26'

Dan W

Richard Green

Not a face booker here.  Got any photos on hand?

Rich

On Mar 1, 2018, at 5:26 PM, 'Dan' Toolman84@... [MessaboutW] <MessaboutW@...> wrote:

For those on Facebook, here's some pics of Titan and other whaleboats.

For those that don't know me, I used to have my own whaleboat "Ajax". I had her moored in Oregon City for a few years and took her all over the Willamette and Columbia rivers. They make great cruisers, displacement hull so they get by with little power and good fuel economy. Here's a short video of me pulling up to Andy's floating home in Scapoose few years ago https://www.facebook.com/andy.rusten/videos/10150341798916667/?query=ajax

I'll be happy to help where I can to whoever makes Titan there own.

JetMan<<<
a.k.a. Dan