[MessaboutW] Aquatek Marine Plywood -- Super Deal

Hank

I would be interested in good plywood deals, Cal.  Been thinking about building a teardrop trailer with marine ply.

Hank Burroughs
in Salem

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 4:28 PM, lendercal@... [MessaboutW] <MessaboutW@...> wrote:

I just got more of the BS 1033 marine ply, from a local source.  They asked if I would be interested in offering a special price on all sizes of their stock.  We set up a start up account for me, and I saved a decent amount on really good looking solid core plywood, more balanced lay up than Jourbet, and a bare touch thicker, so I could build with a lighter weight and save a little more that way too.

From my last invoice, a comparison --Cross.@ $ 57.00 new source $46.00, for a bonded marine ply, and I can go lower than that !!    That is 4mm and looks like AA or AB sides, hard to tell, really good looking sheets.

My personal in house contact will allow my contacts to buy using my accounts agreed price, any amount needed, credit cards accepted.  I would like to find out if any other coots would want to get in on this??  We are in setting up invoice codes now, so if you are tired of the current Crosscut price, I will continue this project with them, if not I won't bother to make it happen.

Prices on all wood varies, but they are sending me a  private  current plywood  price list, as a good faith gesture.  I know they have over 150 sheets of 4mm to dispose of, as of yesterday.

Haven't discussed dimensioned wood as yet, but they have a heck of a selection, and I could check on other boat or home construction applicable wood if there is a need.  I'm hoping this can be a better deal than we have had before.  If you are interested for now, fine, if maybe later also fine, but I need to see a show of hands if it will be worth the effort to make up a discount price list, and set up a system that works.

Private Mail to ----  calboats@...  --  Let me know in the next few days what you need, to build with now, or for later.  This may be a limited time offer from them, eh ??

later,  ---  Cal

lendercal@...

Hi, Hank --  I have several orders to process as of my first post on this today.  If you can figure how many sheets you need, I will get with my guys tomorrow and sort out the starting up process.  The thickness is needed of course, and enough sheets that everything matches as possible.  On a trailer you will need enough extra to match varnished areas, probably.

The ones i got so far have a nice light swirly grain, lighter color than I expected, should make a better finish than the darker colors, for inside boats or trailers. I can also ask for matched grain, but depends on how much of which  thickness desired -- is on hand at the time.

Let me know and i can get on it, thanks, ------   Cal

Hank

It will be a while as I need to coordinate with my son who lives in Bend and only gets by about once a month.  Also need to know where to pick up the wood to see what that will cost.

Do they have 5 ft wide plywood?  Thinking 4 mm to make wall and roof sandwich with foam insulation.

Hank

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 8:58 PM, lendercal@... [MessaboutW] <MessaboutW@...> wrote:

Hi, Hank --  I have several orders to process as of my first post on this today.  If you can figure how many sheets you need, I will get with my guys tomorrow and sort out the starting up process.  The thickness is needed of course, and enough sheets that everything matches as possible.  On a trailer you will need enough extra to match varnished areas, probably.

The ones i got so far have a nice light swirly grain, lighter color than I expected, should make a better finish than the darker colors, for inside boats or trailers. I can also ask for matched grain, but depends on how much of which  thickness desired -- is on hand at the time.

Let me know and i can get on it, thanks, ------   Cal

Billy

Hank ,
what type of ply were you looking for to build your teardrop Trailer with? I know Cal mentioned you too me today when he stopped in.
Billy

Welcome aboard, Billy! It's nice to have a boatbuilding materials supplier here.

The Interweb is a funny place. People aren't as crazy now as they were back when some Internet purists ran System 3 chemist and founder Kern Hendricks off of the rec.boats.building Usenet group because he mentioned his products sometimes while answering questions about epoxy use <sigh>, but there are still a few folks out there who object to people using web forums for "commercial" purposes. This is a group for discussion of our boating get-togethers, adventures and projects. Advertisements for products from businesses aren't appropriate here. Information about the products Tree Products sells, and even their prices are OK, as far as I'm concerned, but perhaps it's better to wait until someone asks. Like I say, the Interweb is a funny place. ;o)

If anyone objects to something Billy posts, gently suggest that he should be more careful next time. We don't want to scare him off. It wasn't any moderator that ran Kern Hendricks off rec.boats. building, he just got tired of being flamed and insulted. <sigh> Of course flaming or insulting ANYONE here will get you in trouble with me! <g>

--
John (jkohnen@boat-links.com)
Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless they meet

Hank

Welcome to coots group, Billy.  My thought is to use very thin (4mm or less) to cover a foam core for the walls and roof of the teardroop.  I am a 4 season camper so need extras protection in winter but want a woody look.  Do you have 5 ft wide marine plywood?  Also planning possible use of 4 foot wide panels if the 5 is too expensive.

Thanks for the email

Hank