LED replacement bulbs

DirtSailor <dirtsailor2003@...>

I have  had a couple bulbs burn out in the overhead interior lights in my camper recently and my first thought was to replace the fixtures with LED ones. As I've been looking around i have noticed that they also sell replacement bulbs that are LED that plug into the current sockets. The original bulbs are standard 1156 bulbs. Has anyone tried these replacements. They're about $24 bucks a pop, that's quite a few double packs of the 1156's!!!

Dirt

Jamie <jorr@...>

Interesting idea. We recently took the camper to Alberta for a couple of weeks and were pretty miserly with the lights in order to save the battery. I didn`t know LEDs were an option, they might be worth the initial cost.

Maybe I`ll buy Maureen one for Christmas and she can do the same for me!

Jamie

--- In MessaboutW@..., DirtSailor <dirtsailor2003@...> wrote:

I have  had a couple bulbs burn out in the overhead interior lights in my camper recently and my first thought was to replace the fixtures with LED ones. As I've been looking around i have noticed that they also sell replacement bulbs that are LED that plug into the current sockets. The original bulbs are standard 1156 bulbs. Has anyone tried these replacements. They're about $24 bucks a pop, that's quite a few double packs of the 1156's!!!

Dirt

LesterB <k7kit@...>

Dirt,

I have used LED's that have the 1156 base to supply power to LED's mounted on a small board which is attached inside of the fixture with double stick tape. They are much brighter than the direct 1156 replacement type.

Les