Horse trading

Gregory Stoll <gregstoll80@...>

You may all kick me out for this, but I traded the Whaleboat away...

Titan is now owned by Andy Rusten. He was looking for a larger boat that he could moor at home (he lives on a houseboat) and Titan struck his fancy. Titan was really too big for me anyhow.

In exchange, Andy has traded me his 1968 Starcraft Islander cuddy cabin. It's a riveted aluminum boat with a Mercruiser 120 outdrive. Andy says it's in running condition, and I've gotta believe him. I have more experience working on gasoline engines anyhow, in fact I used to have a pickup with the same engine.

So there it is, I've traded away a Cootish boat for a common aluminum boat. Can I stay a Coot if I keep the Brockway?

Greg

-- Sent from a Palm Pre Plus, which is way better than a Blackberry :-p

Jon & Wanda(Tink)

Tin for tin is the way I see it but you need to add some personal touches to make it a coot boat. Should be interesting to see how Andy adds a diveing platform to a double ender.

Jon

--- In MessaboutW@..., "Gregory Stoll" <gregstoll80@...> wrote:

You may all kick me out for this, but I traded the Whaleboat away...

Titan is now owned by Andy Rusten. He was looking for a larger boat that he could moor at home (he lives on a houseboat) and Titan struck his fancy. Titan was really too big for me anyhow.

In exchange, Andy has traded me his 1968 Starcraft Islander cuddy cabin. It's a riveted aluminum boat with a Mercruiser 120 outdrive. Andy says it's in running condition, and I've gotta believe him. I have more experience working on gasoline engines anyhow, in fact I used to have a pickup with the same engine.

So there it is, I've traded away a Cootish boat for a common aluminum boat. Can I stay a Coot if I keep the Brockway?

Greg

-- Sent from a Palm Pre Plus, which is way better than a Blackberry :-p

LesterB <k7kit@...>

I do not recall seeing many of the 21' Islanders over the years on single axle trailers. Is that critter ligher than it looks? Or can you only load aboard one liter of rum and two cans of coke?

Les

terry lesh

Whoa ! I'm no longer afraid to bring my rotomolded Wilderness Systems Pungo kayak to Coot float messabouts. I was always afraid Dory Man or the likes would tie a rock around my Sk**tum and throw me over!

Terry

--- In MessaboutW@..., "Gregory Stoll" <gregstoll80@...> wrote:

You may all kick me out for this, but I traded the Whaleboat away...

Titan is now owned by Andy Rusten. He was looking for a larger boat that he could moor at home (he lives on a houseboat) and Titan struck his fancy. Titan was really too big for me anyhow.

In exchange, Andy has traded me his 1968 Starcraft Islander cuddy cabin. It's a riveted aluminum boat with a Mercruiser 120 outdrive. Andy says it's in running condition, and I've gotta believe him. I have more experience working on gasoline engines anyhow, in fact I used to have a pickup with the same engine.

So there it is, I've traded away a Cootish boat for a common aluminum boat. Can I stay a Coot if I keep the Brockway?

Greg

-- Sent from a Palm Pre Plus, which is way better than a Blackberry :-p

Andy T. Rusten <arusten@...>

Its easy, ya just put a ladder off the side and jump in !!!

--
Andy T. Rusten

LesterB <k7kit@...>

Isnt there a rule somewhere that you cannot own a boat older than you are?

Les