Re: Antique Outboard Meet August 6

antec007

How old to I , I mean my motor have to be to be an antique.
I think mine is a 52 Johnson 15. One of the "Big motors" back
then. I think it was replaces by an 18. Red cast alluminum
housing.

Don't think I'm going to make it there, but sounds like fun.
If I knew it was going to last so long I would have taken
better care of it.
Kind of like me.

I am going to try to make it to Brooks tomorrow. See you there.
Might bring my little engine, and see what I can find out about it.
It's brand new. Probably only got about 5 minutes on it running on
compressed air. I would love to see it run on steam.
Maybe I can plumb it into somebody's boiler.
Just what I need. Something else to work on.
I'll be the guy in the neck brace carrying the little steam engine.
Probably be another one there to. I've got to figure out how to
stand out in in a croud. It's usually by opening my mouth, then
I find myself all alone.

Pat Patteson
Molalla, Oregon

--- In MessaboutW@e..., jhkohnen@b... wrote:
The local Antique Outboard Motor Club branch is going to hold a
meet at
Cottage Grove Reservoir on Sunday, August 5. Should be lots of neat
motors
there, and either my Crestliner with its "antique" Merc 250, or
perhaps
even my old Gray powered launch (if I get it running and it doesn't
sink
too quickly) will be there! There are two parks on Cottage Grove
Lake, and
I don't know which one the AOMC bunch is going to use, but the lake
is
small so you should be able to find it.

--
John <jkohnen@b...>