Re: [MessaboutW] Roseburg Hardwood Supplier

Bryn-

Sounds like a good project. When you mentioned a free "cruiser" I imagined
a big cabin cruiser or oceangoing sailboat! <g> A 16' runabout is a nice,
manageable project.

I've got a confession to make too; I bought a motorboat myself last year,
"for practical reasons" I told my GF, but she laughed. Actually, motorboats
do have some utility even for a messing about sort of person. I got mine
for going places far from the launch ramp (like much of Coos Bay), or where
there's a lot of tide or current, or maybe chasing around taking pictures.
I guess the need wasn't all that pressing, because I still haven't got it
into the water. <g> The engine (Merc 250) started up with just a few pulls
and sounded real good, but it didn't pump any water. It turns out that old
Mercs' water pumps live way up in the leg and require a special tool for
extraction, and even with the tool you can't always get them out! :o( So,
I'm looking for an OMC 25. The trouble is that I don't really _like_
motorboats much (except quite low powered ones), despite their utility, so
I haven't been looking very hard. The boat is a 16' 1962 Crestliner;
aluminum and rough looking but with nice lines.

Good luck with your project! Is your runabout outboard powered?

On Wed, 23 May 2001 20:37:38 -0000, Bryn Thoms wrote:
I'll tell you a bit about this project, I'm pretty excited about it
and I love talking boats. Also, John wanted to hear more about this
project. I really got into banks dorys and other New England style
dories and small craft in general that do not require a combustion
engine for propulsion, so this project I'm doing is a bit not like
me, but nonetheless, I still get excited about it. It is a
restoration/rennovation project of a 1960's Cruiser's Inc. 16'
runabout. I think it's the utility of the runabout that get's me
stoked....
http://www.boat-links.com/
Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless they meet two conditions:
1. He is a Greek
2. He is a Fisherman <Roy Blount Jr.>