Re: Elk City Expedition

rjmitsch@...

-John, The 21st is still open, & sounds good to me, if we can get
some more to join us. The Elk City Park is small, but real nice. It
has a few camp sites, bathrooms, and a boat ramp & dock, also a
picnic area, we could have lunch there. Where would you want to start
from in Toledo. If your friends don't show up again you can go with
me.
The little "Orca" has had some major changes. No more inboard. It now
has a well and a 4hp Mercury, not so original but more practical.I
can still sail her if I want to though.
I would have came Sunday, but my son from Bend asked me to meet him
at Clear Lake to go fishing with him. Since I don't get to see or do
much with him anymore I wanted to see him. Had a good visit, but only
caught one fish.
Hope the Elk City messabout gets good results.
Dick

-- In MessaboutW@y..., jhkohnen@b... wrote:
I've had no explanation so far why my friends with the tin skiff
didn't
show up to haul me to Elk City Sunday, but the boat's owner had to
get his
antique outboard in shape, put a timing belt in his car, set up the
stoves
for Chez Ray at the Country Fair, and who knows what else before
the trip,
and just didn't get it all done in time. Now we're talking about
doing the
trip next Saturday, the 21st. I hope it works this time! <g> I'll
keep you
informed. Anyone who wants to tag along is welcome, if you don't
have a
motorboat maybe you can bum a ride with someone who has one (the
tin skiff
will have a boatload already though). Maybe even Dick Mitsch can
make it,
isn't the weekend of the 21st the only one you have free in July
Dick?

--
John <jkohnen@b...>
http://www.boat-links.com/