From: jhkohnen@boat-links.com [mailto:jhkohnen@boat-links.com]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 3:04 PM
To: MessaboutW@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MessaboutW] Portland Wooden Boat Festival

I just got a message from Tom Carter of Rivers West about the festival up
in Portland. Unfortunately it conflicts with the Steam Up in Brooks. :o(
Boats or ancient machinery, it's a tough choice.

I'm not familiar with Portland (I try to stay away from the megalopolis),
do any of you know where the launch ramp and festival are and how to get to
them?

Sorry to be so long in replying about the boat show. Its really taking off
and turning into a big deal. Its the last weekend in July, the 28th and
29th at the south end of the new Eastside Esplanade. There is a public
dock there where exibitors can tie up. The closest, handiest launch ramp
is at Willamette Park in the Johns Landing area. I'm not sure how we will
be handling parking for boat trailers for exibitors, but we have something
worked out. If you want to come we would love to have you. Contact Jerry
Estes, the show chairman, at: mariner@qwest.net.

See you there,
Tom Carter

http://www.boat-links.com/
One must have a heart of stone to read the death of Little Nell by
Dickens without laughing. <Oscar Wilde>

No flaming, cursing or public mopery. Please be polite.