Re: Looking for RF SHIELDING for a depth finder - trying this First

I'm no electrical expert like Bob and John, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to ground the shielding tape for it to have a chance of working.

Is th old depth sounder a Humminbird like I"ve got in Lazy Jack? Not a Cadillac of depth Sounders, but a reputable make. Is the fish fonder from Harbor Freight, or direct from China, and was it cheaper than the depth sounder? Maybe that's the problem...

On September 8, 2022 6:11:35 PM PDT, Electri-Cal wrote:
Thanks John A -- I will do that as time permits.  I have the rolls of supression adhesive tape, so that first, by wrapping the whole 20 ft or so on the depth finder cable, then check the signal.  If not then the spiral wrapped motor power cable as a 2 nd. bunch.  Then the grounding part you suggested looks like a good bet.  It's the main motors that do this, not the new trolling motor, so I can wait till I see what helps the most.  The odd part is that the old original depth unit is fine, just not the new multi program color unit.
A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought. (Lord Peter Wimsey)
Sent from some sort of mobile device.