Re: Looking for RF SHIELDING for a depth finder - trying this First

Electri-Cal

Thanks John A -- I will do that as time permits.  I have the rolls of supression adhesive tape, so that first, by wrapping the whole 20 ft or so on the depth finder cable, then check the signal.  If not then the spiral wrapped motor power cable as a 2 nd. bunch.  Then the grounding part you suggested looks like a good bet.  It's the main motors that do this, not the new trolling motor, so I can wait till I see what helps the most.  The odd part is that the old original depth unit is fine, just not the new multi program color unit.

Upgrades, maybe or maybe not so much, Thanks John, ----  Cal

Join {oregoncoots@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.