Re: Stopping or Reducing trailer corrosion ??

Richard Green

The difference between rust and the galvanic corrosion is that rust is a process of oxidation which will occur without electricity and galvanic corrosion is a metal and electrical “eating” of the less noble metals. Seems to me. I see a big difference between the two. As regards protecting the trailer insides in box beam trailers I have taken some and sloshed Ospho around it my trailers until the inside has been coated thoroughly as I can do it. The outside gets Ospho painted on and in the final treatment, I use Rustoleum rattle can anti rust primer then a topcoat. Best I can say.

Rich

On Jul 31, 2022, at 4:02 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

Lead is more noble than steel, so your trailer would sacrifice itself to your lead. The trailer would be the anode, and the lead the cathode...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_series

On 7/30/2022 9:12 PM, Electri-Cal wrote:
Hey Rich, how does rusty metal removal differ from in water galvanic action ?? Since you say the anodes won't work, do you have a substitute material to consider ?? If I recall, much of the pure lead round surf sinkers I mentioned have been replaced with zinc for ecological reasons. Maybe some tests might show a benefit from that approach, what do you think ??
Nothing is so hard for those who abound in riches as to conceive how others can be in want. (Jonathan Swift)

Join {oregoncoots@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.