Re: Toledo Wooden Boat Show August 19-21st

I'll be there. Dennis B will be there "with bells on" (I want to see that! <g>). At the meeting Wednesday Debbie said there were 11 or 12 boats signed up so far to be in the water, and I don't recall how many in the parking lot. Get your registration in soon!

https://www.portoftoledo.org/exhibitor-and-event-registration

We'll need volunteers to man the Coots/TSCA booth Saturday and Sunday. I'll do an hour each morning from 12 to Noon, and bat cleanup for the last hour each day, 5 to 6 Saturday (save me some pizza <g>) and 3:30 to 4:30 Sunday. The show starts at 10:00 AM. If we don't get enough volunteers we'll have to do longer shifts. I manned the combined Puget Sound TSCA/PT Pocket Yachters/Coots booth at the Port Townsend Fest a few times -- it's fun! You get to meet and talk to all kinds of nice, and interesting, boat nuts. :o) There will be sample issues of The Ash Breeze, and other TSCA and Coot promotional materials.

There will be evening BS opportunities in the camping area. Now word about whether we'll be able to have real fires, but we'll probably be able to use Dirt's propane "campfire". We tried one at a Triton YC party a few months ago in Scott's boatyard and, while it wasn't as good as the real thing, it worked well enough to inspire yarn spinning and BSing. We may even have a Coots Chapter TSCA meeting Saturday evening, if we have a quorum...

It sounds like there will be some good food vendors. I don't know yet about the pancake breakfast. There are some good musical acts signed up. The only one I recognized (had a really lousy connection to the meeting via Zoom) was David Jacob Strain, a young blues musician from Eugene. GP relented, and is supplying materials for the cardboard boat race. :o) The Poker Paddle is a go, as are the potato cannons. The free boat livery will be going on. The Yaquina Queen may be idle, due to not enough volunteers. Anybody wanna help? Contact Toledo Joe.

Just about all the activities will be outdoors. The Andrew Linn Boatshop has excellent ventilation when both the doors are open. The show should be a relatively Covid safe event, but take whatever precautions you're comfortable with.

Should be a Good Show, if enough of us show up. Register Soon! <g>

http://www.coots.org/mb/Toledo/

On 7/31/2022 5:39 PM, Bob L wrote:
This seems to be a quiet topic.  It has been so long the snow must have melted in AlmostCanada? I hope lots of people are planning to display at Toledo to get this all going again. I will be there Friday.  Also I'm available to spend some time at a TSCA/Coot table.
A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today. (John F. Kennedy)