Re: Stopping or Reducing trailer corrosion ??

Lead is more noble than steel, so your trailer would sacrifice itself to your lead. The trailer would be the anode, and the lead the cathode...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_series

On 7/30/2022 9:12 PM, Electri-Cal wrote:
Hey Rich, how does rusty metal removal differ from in water galvanic action ??   Since you say the anodes won't work, do you have a substitute material to consider ??   If I recall, much of the pure lead round surf sinkers I mentioned have been replaced with zinc for ecological reasons.  Maybe some tests might show a benefit from that approach, what do you think ??
Nothing is so hard for those who abound in riches as to conceive how others can be in want. (Jonathan Swift)