Re: TSCA Oregon Coots Chapter Membership

elaineginader

That's great news John. I'm already a TSCA member but I need to send my check. Thanks for the reminder.

Elaine

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022, 6:36 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Me and Bud just attended a Board meeting of the National Traditional
Small Craft Association. We were successful in convincing them to
sponsor the Family Boatbuilding at the Toledo Boat Show this year. :o)

But something came up later in the meeting. John Weiss, who handles
membership matters, has been trying to get an idea of how many members
there are in each chapter, with little success. In the Oregon Coots
chapter he only has a list of Coots who belong to the National TSCA. We
have very loose membership "rules". Anybody who feels like they're a
Coot is a Coot. To be a _voting_ member of the Oregon Coots TSCA chapter
you have to be a National TSCA member. In between, you can be a Coot who
wants to be in the Oregon Coots TSCA chapter, but doesn't want to join
National. There are no chapter dues, so we haven't tried to keep track
of Coots like that. But we should, at least for the sake of John's peace
of mind. <g>

So, please tell me if you want to be a nonvoting, non-dues-paying,
member of the Oregon Coots TSCA chapter, so I can make up a roster to
send John.

All Coots are encouraged to join the National TSCA. It's a Good Outfit,
and provides insurance for our messabouts. Be sure to say you want to
join the Oregon Coots chapter:

https://tsca.net/join-online/

I notice that several Coots have let their TSCA membership lapse. Shame
on you! ;o) It's easy enough to rejoin.

Thanks!

If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get
done. (Ludwig Wittgenstein)