Re: Sweet One

Richard Green

I still have the long shaft Honda 2 hp…with centrifugal clutch IIRC….looks to be in as new condition but it’s been so long I can’t remember running it. Been on the stand in my garage or shop buildings all the years with a cover on it. I find it hard to get down there but I have it in McMinnville. I can set up to run it here in a can. Or maybe I should run it first before anyone comes up to get it……..

Rich G

On Sep 15, 2021, at 2:29 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

I had a chance a couple of years ago to get a Honda 2 with a shot clutch real cheap (free?), but somebody closer to the scene (Port Townsend) grabbed it first. I was gonna see if the centrifugal clutch could be locked in the engaged position, so the motor would work just like the older ones. I'd still like to try it. I'll bet that motor in Port Townsend is still gathering dust in somebody's garage waiting for them to get to it... <g>

On 9/15/2021 11:08 AM, Brian G wrote:
apparent the day before. I had a 2 HP on a bracket so I prepared it to run...pulled on rope and it was frozen! What the heck...
Well come to find out the problem was the centrifugal clutch was stuck somehow and crank wouldn't spin...
I just think it's rather odd that a nation that prides itself on its virility should feel compelled to strap on forty pounds of protective gear just in order to play rugby. (Rupert Giles on American football)