Re: September Messabout?

Mark Neuhaus

Thanks much, Myles for the information.  It would be nice if Earl could post some observations from last year's trip, especially since it's the same season we might be doing this.  I'd be curious how the wind and tides affected them.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 8:17 AM Myles Twete <matwete@...> wrote:

 Even if I could count on being able to and allowed to charge my pack at Cathlamet, I’d still need to bring a genset and at least the one charger.

I believe it was one of the last gaterings we had in Cathlamet that Harvey brought his electric cruiser up from Astoria, spending a night in Steamboat Slough before arriving.  He moored with us for a whie and then moved over to a dock with electric power for re-charging.  You'd have to contact him to see if he had to pay or just did it on the sly.

Here's what I wrote to Elaine as a possible itinerary.  But nothing's set in stone. Maybe some would rather drive to Cathlamet on Friday and on Monday, come upstream for a night before returning to Cathlamet and heading home? Or come a day earlier and join up at Walker Island float?  We need to make sure we all have each other's cell phone numbers if we are going to try to meet up on the water.

Wednesday at Sand Island
Thursday at Walker Island Float
Friday at Cathlamet
Saturday at Cathlamet
Sunday at Cathlamet
Monday at Walker Island Float
Tuesday at Sand Island
Thursday back home

But I’m game… J  I’ve been wanting to make it down that way for a long time.  On generator power alone, the boat gets about 16mpg at 4-5kts as I recall.

It will be a new experience for me, for sure, so it will certainly be better to do it with others.

Mark