Re: Using OpenCPN

Thanks, John! I had trouble unpacking the .tar file from the XTide Web site, but the .tcd file you attached works fine. I just removed the harmonic file that came with OpenCPN from the choices in the config menu and added the one from XTide. :o)

We don't have much storage space for files, photos and attachments from groups.io, so I'm gonna delete the Big file you attached. I've put it, with a more descriptive name, here:

http://www.coots.org/Tides/

I didn't have any trouble finding the harmonic file directory on my ancient (2016) Samsung tablet. In the internal storage:

Android/data/org.opencpn.opencpn/files/tcdata

OpenCPN opened to the directory when I went to change the harmonic file it was using, but I may have accesssed that directory sometime since I installed OpenCPN...

On 8/29/2021 9:09 AM, John a wrote:
Of course if you can find another Harmonic file.....
https://flaterco.com/xtide/files.html#harmonicsfiles The file is in a compressed folder so you will have to extract the file itself.  I've attached the file, hopefully it will get through(big file).
Also on the page is a list of all the stations.  Lots of them!
Once you have the file it is just a matter of adding the file (dataset) in the Tides & Currents settings.  If you leave the original file you will have a lot of duplicates, so you will probably want to remove it. Removing it does not delete the file, just quits using it.  With Android you may want to copy the location of the original file;  my file manager would not see the file location.
Literally no man has more wholly outlived life than I. And still it's good fun. (Robert Louis Stevenson)