Re: Tenderly gets in the water again

elaineginader

Hey John would holding onto the sheath work for Larimar too?

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021, 7:01 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
I'm glad you're getting your sailing confidence back. While it's handy
to belay the sheet, in a small boat you should make sure you can
instantly release it, if necessary. When it's windy or blustery keep the
sheet in your hand so you're ready to let it loose. Better yet, don't
belay at all, so you can ease the sheet in gusts and pull it back in
when the wind eases.

What kind of "friction deal" are you using?

On 7/24/2021 10:36 AM, kent o wrote:
> Well now the Tenderly.  Took it up to Hagg lake a couple months ago.
>   Feeling pretty good.  Light winds with occasional gusts.  I locked my
> tiller lock, and locked my main sheet line to one of those friction
> deals.  Here comes a gust, took that well and then a little more and,
> WHAT, I'm capsized again, just like before.  Another good boater towed
> me back.
>
> Well I found that the dagger board was held down with what looked like
> (trying to see under the seat) kind of a pencil on a string.  Well it
> broke and the dagger board came out with the gust of wind.  Now wonder
> she capsized.  Soo after coming up with a large metal eye bolt and
> locking wing nut to keep the dagger board down I tried Hagg Lake again.
>   Ahh that works better.  I needed that to get my confidence back.

There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism, and that
is the impulse to punish the man with a superior capacity for happiness.
(H. L. Mencken)