Almost Home

Lazy Jack, Walkabout and Dr. Petra are loafing in Longbranch this afternoon, after a short hop through the Narrows from Gig Harbor. Lazy Jack got up to 8.3 knots in the Narrows -- I thought my nose was gonna bleed -- Dr. Petra supposedly got over 9, but I think Earl had his throttle open more. He likes to speed along so he can get to our destinations early and take a nap. <g>

Longbranch is a really nice spot. :o) Marred only by no running water at the marina, only porta potties, and the guest slips being exposed to wakes from boats passing by outside the bay. I'd stay here again.

Tomorrow we've got another short hop to Oly, where we hope to pull out early enough to drive home to Oregon the same day. Walkabout, Dan and Jamie the Seadog have a longer trek back to Almostcanada.