Re: Francois Vivier and John Welsford (attn: Paul)

Great photo, David! Lazy boating. :o) What's the design of the boat in the foreground?

The French, especially the Bretons, have done a lot to revive the building and use of traditional boats, and traditional style boats. feast your eyes on some photos from their two BIG festivals:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=LA%20SEMAINE%20DU%20GOLFE

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=F%C3%AAte%20Maritime%20de%20Brest

:o)

On 6/20/2021 7:19 AM, Thorne wrote:
Here's my fave photo of two of Vivier's boats, with what I believe is a solid wood Seil in the foreground.  What incredible lines!
Any boy who does not read and enjoy Slocum's "Sailing Alone" should be drowned immediately. (Arthur Ransome)