Re: spare V-6 truck?

Case Turner

Mark,

I feel your pain. I started looking for a new truck right after the pandemic hit. I wish I’d pulled the trigger before that or even 8 months later.

Buying a new vehicle is definitely a new process. I had to put a deposit down to hold the truck. The deposit was refundable if I decided not to buy the truck.

Actually it was nice not having to haggle and do all the typical sales stuff.

I’m all set for years to come now!

Dirt

Sent from not here

On Jun 15, 2021, at 4:22 PM, Mark Neuhaus <moonlitturtle1934@...> wrote:

Hi Jove,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 2:02 PM Jove Lachman-Curl <jovelc87@...> wrote:

Does that mean you'll be selling the Tacoma?
If so let us know, I have a friend who's looking. He's 29, and recently got his contractors license.

I'm assuming you are addressing this query to me about my Tacoma.

When I started looking for a brand new Tacoma, minimally equipped, I found that they were few and far between.  Then the chip shortage hit and it's bye-bye to my quest.  And of course, the used truck prices went through the roof also.

So, unless someone points me to a good deal, I will wait it out.  I know I can safely launch the Tolman with my truck at the moorage where I've stored it in a lot since buying it last year. I've towed it to the Scappoose area as a test, but that's a fairly level stretch of road.  Getting it to Toledo or Cathlamet would entail large hills.  I figure I can use it in the Portland area, and even take it by water to Cathlamet.  And I can take my lighter Moonlit Turtle to Toledo, something I've done many times.

Even if I did find a truck, I'm afraid my brother has been hounding me to sell it to him at a "family" discount.  :-)   So I won't be able to help out your friend, sorry.

Mark

--
Dirt