Re: Triangle lake Wednesday

I thought you might have used lights on top of the motor to check the charge, a crude but still useful "gauge" -- or does that model not have them? As you discovered, you can motor a long time if you slow down. :o)

On 4/22/2021 10:02 AM, Josh wrote:
I haven't picked up a voltmeter yet so you can bet it was a constant nagging at my mind wondering if I was using too much power. I did mostly stay on 1 or 2 but sometimes the wind forced me to use 3 or 4 to be able to  keep going the right way, and a little on 5 just to see how fast she'd go.
It was also our first time using Navionics, it was pretty nice to be able to see where we were and how fast we were going.
I have always a sacred veneration for any one I observe to be a little out of repair in his person, as supposing him either a poet or a philosopher; because the richest minerals are ever found under the most ragged and withered surface of the earth. (Jonathan Swift)