Re: Good Fern Ridge Weekend, EV notes

Jove Lachman-Curl

if you put 10 cars in series with jumper cables would you have 120 enough to charge batteries? ha. that would be a funny sight in the parking lot.
-Jove

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 4:45 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
It was a wonderful messabout! :o) It sure felt good to get together
again with a codgery of Ol' Coots for BS and boating. We all had our
Covid jabs, so we could relax and get together almost like old times.
:o) It's not my fault -- Dan from Almostcanada was the instigator for
the messabout. A while back he asked, "if I come to Fern Ridge in the
middle of April would anybody come out and play with me?"

I think the best part was the raftup we did Saturday evening in the cove
on the other side of the Yacht Club (it takes a lot of breath to say
that all the time, I see that some Fern Ridge sailors call it Bang's
Cove, after the farm family next to Richardson Park). We had dinner,
then a little remembrance for Bob Mitsch, followed by a good BS session
until the sun went down. We'll have to do that again! :o)

The County can be unfriendly, but the Richardson park management go out
of their way to make the park users happy. I'll check with Sarah soon
about a safe (from County park rangers) place to park unattached boat
trailers.

I'm glad you've got Surprise set up well now, Cal. Stop fiddling with
her and go have some fun! ;o)

It's really too bad there's no way to recharge batteries at the parks on
Fern Ridge...

On 4/19/2021 7:03 AM, Electri-Cal wrote:
> Good idea John !!  Gotta love those new docks, with good bumper rails ao
> the ramp also, hope they used stainless screws overall.  I think I will
> put Fern Ridge back on my list, with Dorena and Lookout, in season..
> Cottage Grove lake is too low yet, Dexter too boring.   The weather was
> spot on, in my opinion, and summer is here mostly, could use a bit more
> water but we all floated, and the depth showed plenty, except 1ft. 4in.
> about 50 yards from the coot hangout on the far side.  I tried a couple
> places, no go there.   Good to see as many as showed up, and had to take
> care of some trailer rules, but there could be an area where those can
> be hitched, even if it costs a few bucks, maybe inside the fenced area
> behind the host trailer for a few who need to go into town without the
> trailer.  Not a big deal, but another thing to consider, I might bring
> some chain for the wheels, harder to steal with axles and tires locked
> on.  With the economy, that might be a good solution for ease of mind.
>
>   I think I'll give the newest battery pack five stars, I ran at hull
> speed, with some fun hot rodding, for one full day, and one several
> hours before leaving.  Still had full throttle at the end, seems like
> plenty to go for a weekend, as long as cruise is at 4 mph gps, as hull
> speed.  I can feel the step,about there as the amps starts to rise, but
> only the sound increases and that's inefficient for good use.  Once
> again, electric works for hull speed cruising, so the longer and more
> efficient the hull, the way better the performance.  I would also
> venture to add that bottom rocker, or any curve is not helpful, rise and
> fall, or side leaning both have a slowing effect.  Electric likes flat,
> smooth, and calm a lot.  Might have done a 3 day weekend, but I need a
> better overall battery monitoring instrument, I put one in, but haven't
> hooked it up, because one day was enough sitting, and then went home.
On a Day when the wind is perfect. The sail just needs to open and the
world is full of beauty. Today is such a day. (Rumi)