Re: Richardson and other reservations

Jove Lachman-Curl

I saw a slip at orchard point where someone had installed 8" diameter wheels on the corner of their slip entrance. Lots of the slips had extra fender strips of various types added.
This might be obvious to all, but I've become a big fan of spring lines fore and aft. Then I rock, push and pull my boat to make sure she's set.
image.png
-Jove

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 7:40 AM Electri-Cal <calboats@...> wrote:
Thinking about bumper strips, I'm thinking I might as well pack along a couple extras from old and sold boats.  Take along to tie off to the dock cleats, while i'm renting it.  Instead of festooning the hull with white or black bumpers just put some on the cleats, maybe one more amidships on board, where I can drop it over as needed.  Don't know if that would work, but a short walk through of ths slip would allow a check out and maybe a pre docking installation.  Getting darn sick of hoping somebody else will work on docks.

I have seen a couple cheap vinyl life cushions hooked over and cleated off with good area for sliding into place on docks, flat surface area doesn't roll out of the contact area as much.  Might as well figure all rental slips are not well maintained.  Thanks for the heads up, there used to be "T" fittings that twist fitted between boards to hold bumpers, now maybe an extra dock line fore and aft would allow for better bumper fitment..

More Fern Ridge lack of "give a whit", what else is new -- Grimble !! -    Cal