Re: Richardson and other reservations

elaineginader

I just spoke with Sara (supper nice lady) there are slips available and yes they cost I believe 32.00 or something for the weekend and she says there are some available. Parking permits are 5.00 each day and with a slip you can access it with your boat. Seasonal passes are 40.00. Give her a call, she's very understanding.

Elaine

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 4:40 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
There's been another change in management at Lane County Parks, and they
seem to have fired everybody who knew anything. <sigh> To reserve a slip
at Richardson, call the _Richardson Park_ office:

541-935-2005

The County is desperate for money, so be careful to display your season
pass when parking at any on the parks. The way I've heard it explained
-- I know it makes no sense -- is that the County doesn't have a law
that lets them issue parking tickets, so They charge you with
trespassing and slap you with a $140-some-odd dollar fine if you violate
the parking rules. If you're a trailer sailer, be sure to get off the
lake and out of the parking lots by sundown. They decided not to sell
overnight season passes to anyone but slipholders. <sigh> I was also
warned that They started enforcing a rule against parking trailers in
the marina parking lots if they aren't attached to a vehicle. <sigh>

Please complain to Lane County Parks about these customer-unfriendly
changes. Fines aren't the right way to fund the parks. Whenever you
contact the County throw in a little praise for Sarah Ward and the
wonderful way she's run Richardson Park. She and her crew hate the
policy changes at least as much as we do.

On 4/11/2021 6:50 AM, Electri-Cal wrote:
> Just tried to get this years prices on slips.  Apparently there are no
> slips available for the coots coming event, but I don't believe that.  I
> do believe the site is wrong, so Just have to show up and see what
> happens.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. (Mark Twain)