Re: Richardson and other reservations

cherrill boissonou

Yo John,
I’ll be happy to let someone raft with me at my slip....was going down on the 15th in case Dan almost.. shows up. Have the launch docks been re bumpered?
Earl🧙‍♂️🌝⚓️

On Apr 11, 2021, at 4:40 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

There's been another change in management at Lane County Parks, and they seem to have fired everybody who knew anything. <sigh> To reserve a slip at Richardson, call the _Richardson Park_ office:

541-935-2005

The County is desperate for money, so be careful to display your season pass when parking at any on the parks. The way I've heard it explained -- I know it makes no sense -- is that the County doesn't have a law that lets them issue parking tickets, so They charge you with trespassing and slap you with a $140-some-odd dollar fine if you violate the parking rules. If you're a trailer sailer, be sure to get off the lake and out of the parking lots by sundown. They decided not to sell overnight season passes to anyone but slipholders. <sigh> I was also warned that They started enforcing a rule against parking trailers in the marina parking lots if they aren't attached to a vehicle. <sigh>

Please complain to Lane County Parks about these customer-unfriendly changes. Fines aren't the right way to fund the parks. Whenever you contact the County throw in a little praise for Sarah Ward and the wonderful way she's run Richardson Park. She and her crew hate the policy changes at least as much as we do.

On 4/11/2021 6:50 AM, Electri-Cal wrote:
Just tried to get this years prices on slips. Apparently there are no slips available for the coots coming event, but I don't believe that. I do believe the site is wrong, so Just have to show up and see what happens.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. (Mark Twain)