Re: Fern Ridge VIP Visit (was: Pelicans)

Mark Neuhaus

Hi John,

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 8:25 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

info about mooring, camping and so on can be found on the Spring
Messabout page (not working at the moment -- I was doing something to
the Coots site, and I think I broke the hosting service! <g> Try again
later if you fail to connect):

Thanks, I should have realized that was the way to go.

"The Jungle" is the old channel of Coyote Creek in the southeast corner
of the lake. It winds through a jungly forest, and then out into an open
marsh and back to the open lake

I've seen it marked on maps, but when viewing imagery of the lake, could never see it.

Can you come, Mark? If not, there's another chance for a weekend on Fern
Ridge at the "official" Spring Messabout May 21-23.

When I saw Dan's first post, I thought that might be an interesting trip away from Portland.  I wasn't sure if I wanted my first try at towing the Tolman to be someplace other than local.  Figured I might bring Moonlit Turtle instead. Didn't even get her on the water last year.  However, the neighbor across the street has a dumpster and outhouse in the road, making it difficult, but possible, to get it out of the driveway.  And the next door neighbors just had a POD delivered and it got set down in my turning radius to the other direction. So, right now it's a tossup as to which boat comes along.  If I can't do April, I will do May.  Hoping for both......

Mark