Re: NEW TOPIC (but I don't know how to do that, officially)

Dan hasn't survived the winter yet -- there was till snow on the ground when I talked to him the other day. He and Jamie have been spending a lot of time out in the driveway sitting in Walkabout to get away from all the women in the house. ;o)

The "Jungle" is the old channel of Coyote Creek in the southeast corner of Fern Ridge. It winds through a jungly forest with Spanish moss draped trees, then comes out into an open marsh. A nice place to visit. In a small sailboat you can get up there in an hour and a half, or two, then take the rest of the day to beat back to the parks at the north end of the lake against the summer afternoon north wind . <g>

http://www.coots.org/MapImages/ValleyLakes/FernRidgeMap.png

https://oregonlakesatlas.org/map?lake=17090003017645

If you don't have a boat you can sleep aboard, there's camping at Richardson Park, and transient moorings:

http://reservations.lanecounty.org/

On 3/13/2021 10:41 AM, Pete L wrote:
Dan - The jungle?
Don't have a boat to bring, though. Not of that size.
By mid-April, our second shot should've taken effect and we should be good to go, though.
Glad to see you survived the winter! (grin)
The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. (Neil deGrasse Tyson)