Re: Toledo Wooden Boat Show

Stephen Miller

Jan and I get our 2nd jab on the 29th John.  I got lucky with appointments right when Walgreens was starting.  But it really is the hunger games jab competition right now.  Our kids and sons in law were way ahead of us as teachers and 1st responders.  All in their 30s lol.  Good luck to all Coots.

Fyi I did hear that Walgreens releases their shot appointments at midnight and only schedule out 3 days so maybe being a night owl will pay off.  Note that you need to set up an online My Walgreen's account and be signed in to it to try for an appointment.

Best,

Steve Miller

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021, 1:32 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
I get my second jab on the 28th! :o) Right now it's still a hectic
process to get an appointment for the jabs. Pity the poor people who
don't have access to the Interweb, or aren't good with technology, or
whose mind and fingers aren't quick enough. <sigh> When Mary tried to
get an appointment with Lane County Public Health she found that when
she chose a slot, somebody else got it while she was filling out the
form! Fortunately, she persisted and got lucky. She got her first jab
Sunday.

A friend of my sister has a friend who's a pharmacist, so my sister got
news that Albertson's/Safeway was getting some doses and called me.
After trying several of the stores, and getting beat out like Mary did a
few times, I got myself an appointment at a Safeway. That's a heck of a
way to get the jabs! You shouldn't have to know someone who knows
someone who knows where the vaccine is available, and then be fast and
lucky enough to get one of the appointments. <sigh>

With more doses becoming available, maybe the process for getting a jab
will get easier. I sure hope so. As more groups get eligible, the folks
who are having trouble now getting appointments are going to be
competing against more, and younger and more nimble, people for the
available jabs. <sigh>

Right now there are a lot more people who want the vaccine than there
are doses to go around. In coming months we'll get more doses and get
most of them vaccinated, somehow. But to get back to something like
"normal" we need to get just about _everybody_ vaccinated. Don't get me
started on the people who _don't_ want the vaccine... I've already been
getting too "political". <g>

Good luck getting your jabs!

On 3/10/2021 8:46 PM, Hank wrote:
> I would sure hope by August everyone would have the vaccination so that
> great show can be held.  All you coots doing your part in getting the
> vaccine?
>
> Just started mine last Monday!  It was fast and easy.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.
(Albert Schweitzer)