Re: Toledo Wooden Boat Show

Richard Green

Boat show or wooden boat show? A regular boat show would have the potential to encourage more participation.

Rich

On Mar 10, 2021, at 12:06 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

I attended the planning meeting this morning. Everybody's hoping that we can have a boat show with all the trimmings this year, but nobody's crystal balls are good enough to show how the Pandemic will be doing in August. A date was set for a decision on whether to have a relatively full-blown show -- the June 9th planning meeting.

But _something_ will happen the third weekend in August. In the next few months we'll discuss various degrees of activity that we could do if we can't have a "real" Boat Show. Bud suggested that a weekend gathering of the Coots and other exhibitors, down on the docks with our boats, would be a good way to keep the enthusiasm and momentum going. A little-publicized messabout, with a fire and maybe a barbecue, camping, and of course a boat trip, or trips, somewhere. I think that's a Great Idea. :o)

If you've got any ideas for some degree of "boat show" between a mere messabout and the whole shebang throw it out here and we can kick it around. I can pass on any good ideas at the next meeting on the second Wednesday in April.

But I hope we can have a "real" show. I'll keep you updated on what's happening.

Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. (Mark Twain)