Re: lots of reading material on shipbuilding

If you know where to look, there are lots of interesting old (mostly pre-1925 or so) books and magazines available online, though sometimes the scans leave something to be desired. Here are a few places to look:

Hathi Trust has some issues of the magazines we look at during the Multnomah Library trips, and lots of books:

https://babel.hathitrust.org/

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008616733

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000599702

Plus, Forest & Stream; The Motor Boat; Power Boating; Yachting; Hunts Yachting Magazine; Sail and Sweep...

Project Gutenburg is the grandaddy of book digitization efforts:

http://www.gutenberg.org/

Lots of stuff at the Internet Archive:

https://archive.org/

My friend Craig O'Donnell has put some good boaty texts online (yes, he looks just like this in person <g>):

http://thecheappages.com/

And here's what I've got listed in The Mother Of All Maritime Links:

http://www.boat-links.com/linklists/boatlink-08.html#ebooks

If you find anything else, let us know.

On 2/19/2021 4:49 PM, Pete L wrote:
John, that was such a great find!
One of the first books on the shipbuilding list was Cyril Ionides' "A Life Afloat", published in 1918. If anyone is looking forĀ  a fantastic weekend read, that book would be at the top of my list.
The Coots page on the Boatshow is great too - what a nice place to show off the group!
Correlation does not imply causation; except, of course, to your cat. (Craig O'Donnell)