Re: Cedar oar work

Jamie Orr

Richard, you're most likely right.  British slang is not consistent.  A common expression is (or was when I was younger) "I'll knock you up in the morning." Meaning I will contact you in the morning.

I took the same meaning from it as you did.  I mean, I just can't picture how that's gonna work using John's interpretation!

On Sat., 13 Feb. 2021 at 8:29 p.m., Richard Green
<chaos5@...> wrote:
I figured knocking in that usage meant a hammer and a few taps as needed.

Rich