Re: Fern Ridge Dam Closing Ceremony, Saturday, the 6th

elaineginader

I'm glad the day went well and hopefully the gods will be pleased. I did my dance to them while on Belle. Found some small tasks that needs to be addressed when it gets warmer and dry for a bit. I had water to do my gift to the gods. I hope they don't mind. I'm also going to be taking measurements for a couple canvas projects. Maybe I'll show the group my progress on making a few things as Almostcanada Dan does.
By the way my cars fixed with a lot of help from my husband Gary. Sure makes getting around easier.

Take care and be safe, Elaine

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021, 3:57 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Too bad you couldn't make it, Elaine. We had a good turnout, Fern Ridge
sailors and a few Coots. The ceremony went well enough, I think.
Somebody who had a slip at Orchard Point last year opened the gate so we
could get down on the docks and spread out. I sacrificed some Dos Equis*
to some rain gods, and people poured water into the lake to prime it.
Then we had a good BS session. :o) pardon the poor pictures -- people
were spread out.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmU8LHS7

I sure hope the ceremony worked. It'll sure feel good to have a nice
long sailing season on the lake.

*The Dos Equis had been sitting at the back of my refrigerator for a
couple of _decades_, at least. The aging did it good; it was delicious!
:o) Does require some patience, though. <g>

On 2/5/2021 7:10 PM, elaine wrote:
> Can't make it my car is dead. Suspect I need new spark plugs (sigh).
> I'll dance and wear a crazy hat while I empty Bells bilgeĀ  ha ha.

Adults are obsolete children, and the hell with them. (Theodore "Dr.
Seuss" Geisel)