Re: Fern Ridge Dam Closing Ceremony, Saturday, the 6th

elaineginader

Can't make it my car is dead. Suspect I need new spark plugs (sigh). I'll dance and wear a crazy hat while I empty Bells bilgeĀ  ha ha.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021, 1:53 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
The Corps didn't put the plug all the way in on the first, but they've
kept the outflow low, and it looks like they _might_ let us have a bit
of a head start on filling the lake:

https://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nwp/teacup/willamette/frn.pdf

But what we need most is plenty of rain from now through spring. So
please join us on the docks at Orchard Point tomorrow at 1:00 to appease
the rain gods and make them want to fill the lake for us.

Bring lunch and sacrifices to the gods, Libations will do. Silly hats
can only help our cause.

On 2/1/2021 1:05 PM, I wrote:
> The Corps of Engineers is supposed to put the plug back in at Fern Ridge
> today. Their reservoir Web pages are down, so I can't check on them...
> <sigh> I suppose I could drive by and look. <g>
>
> http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nwp/teacup/willamette/frn.pdf
>
> To ensure that we get enough rain this late winter and spring to fill
> Fern Ridge let's meet at Orchard Point Park (ignore the Coot Calendar --
> parking is easier at Orchard Point) at 1:00 Saturday to offer sacrifices
> to the rain gods and dance naked, or in weather appropriate clothing, on
> the docks at the launch ramp. Be prepared for social distancing and mask
> wearing. Bring lunch and something to sacrifice to the gods. In the
> past, people have brought samples of water from adventures on far
> waters, but I think the gods will be happy with libations.
>
> We didn't have a dam closing ceremony last year and look what happened!!

No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. (Niels Bohr)