Re: Victory

George Costakis

Here's a great video of Victory along with a 47' playing in the waves. It might have been posted here before. I loveĀ  Victory's motion and how she take the waves, not near as dampened as the 47. Also like how she is painted white.

I've watched this video way too many times.

George

On Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 1:36:41 PM PST, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

Victory's my favorite CG boat too, with the other steel 52-footers close
behind. But they're Old. It's getting so it's hard to keep them going,
so Victory sits idle, waiting to be used only when her capabilities are
_really_ needed. I'll miss the 52s when they're gone, but their
replacements should have been ready years ago. <sigh> I hope when the
replacements for the 52-footers are finally developed and built that
they perform as well in the really awful stuff as Victory, but I'll bet
they won't have as much class as she has.

On 2/1/2021 1:25 PM, Case wrote:
> My favorite CG boat ever. Pretty amazing boat.
>
> I got to go for a short cruise on her across the bay once.
>
>> https://newportnewstimes.com/article/victory-the-queen-of-the-fleet

Laws are like cobwebs which may catch small flies, but let wasps and
hornets break through. (Jonathan Swift)