Re: Cheap fiberglass

Arabol is extinct, but pretty much the same stuff is sold by another name. You can get it at Englund's. Rick J told me the particulars a few moths ago, but I've forgotten them. <sigh> Arabol was a pipe lagging goo. A PVA goo, related to Elmer's glue and the Titebonds, made by Bordens.

This may be what the fishing boats are using now:

https://www.englundmarine.com/products/deck-adhesive-ga%7CHUM-DAG.html

On 11/27/2020 4:22 PM, Rich G wrote:
When I built Passage, I epoxied the decks with a couple rolled on coats of epoxy, then laid 10 oz cloth in Aerobal, made sure it was well coated, painted over it with Wards (at the time) porch and deck paint.  28 years later I saw the boat still on the same coat of paint.  I can’t even find Aerobal online to show a link.  It was an aviation product as I recall.
When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction. (Mark Twain)