Re: Winterizing a Trailer Sailer, and Books to share

It's a good idea to let some fresh air get inside the tarp, even if you've got a plastic boat, to discourage moss and mildew.

Put a marble or pebble inside that "fist" of tarp to make a more secure tie point.

On 10/20/2020 10:57 AM, Jove wrote:
Winterizing.....
I don't know that much..... I've got an 18ft swing keel windrose 18, this is the 2nd winter.
I take the cushions out and sails and anything else that that will mold, I take the outboard indoors, I put a tarp over it and tie it down all the way round,
I ball the tarp up in a fist and choke it with a short piece of rope to make a tie point where there isn't one..... tarp is rectangle, boat is kind of a triangle.
Not perfect, but that's what I've done so far.
Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves! (Humbert Wolfe)