From: John Kohnen <jkohnen@...>
To: oregoncoots@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:15 pm
Subject: Re: [oregoncoots] Coot Lunch Thursday at Fern Ridge

Welcome aboard, Bob. You're very welcome to join us for lunch Thursday,
but it's gonna be a small gathering, for not very long, so it might not
be worth a drive from Salem.

A Goat Island Skiff! :o) They're nice boats, but kinda sporty. Ask David
and Jerry. <g> Do you have a reef in the sail? If so, you'll probably
want to start out with the sail reefed, until you get used to the boat.
Learning to sail is pretty easy, and you do it by sailing, which is fun.
:o) Do you have any photos of your boat to share with us?

https://flic.kr/p/74CeZD

https://flic.kr/p/74Gbjq

Is the boat set up for rowing, or do you have a motor? You may want to
join us for the Yaquina River floats coming up soon:

http://www.coots.org/mb/Halloween/

http://www.coots.org/mb/Thanksgiving

On 10/18/2020 5:20 PM, Smilin' Bob wrote:
> Hello, Mr. Kohnen:
> Would this be a good meeting for a prospective member who lives in Salem
> and wants to become acquainted with the Coots? I have just completed the
> building of a Goat Island Skiff for myself and family. Hopefully someone
> there can recommend a person I may hire for sailing lessons.

A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is a
superstition. (Jose Bergamin)