Re: Winterizing a Trailer Sailer, and Books to share

Jove Lachman-Curl

Winterizing.....
I don't know that much..... I've got an 18ft swing keel windrose 18, this is the 2nd winter.
I take the cushions out and sails and anything else that that will mold, I take the outboard indoors, I put a tarp over it and tie it down all the way round, I watch if for rain pockets making bathtubs in the tarp and put items under the tarp as needed so it will shed properly. The tie downs got loose and needed tightening after a week or so.
I ball the tarp up in a fist and choke it with a short piece of rope to make a tie point where there isn't one..... tarp is rectangle, boat is kind of a triangle.
Not perfect, but that's what I've done so far.
In the spring I did find a ball of fuzz that looked like it might have been a mouse nest.... not sure what to do about that.
Last winter the tarp failed at one point and I ended up with quite a bit of water in the boat, I bailed it out, and then set a fan in there on an extension cord, and rebuilt the tarp which hasn't failed since, the fan dried it out within a few days.
-Jove

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 10:36 AM Josh <roseandthistlecustom@...> wrote:
We love to go for drives and Rose hasn't been to Astoria yet so maybe sometime soon we'll head up I-5.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 9:39 AM elaineginader <elaineginader@...> wrote:
Thank you Josh but I live in Portland. If you come to the Halloween Float I'll be there.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 9:30 AM Josh <roseandthistlecustom@...> wrote:
If you're in Eugene area it should be pretty simple to meet somewhere. Any books I loan out I would like back eventually but am not in any hurry.
Josh