Re: New Skin on Frame design

Andrew Linn

We are getting there :) I'm considering doing a build guide and maybe selling the plans. I dunno. I'm not much of a businessman.

I've also been playing with 1:4 models of these canoes. Maybe a little kit where you could practice building before you build. You still have to do everything on the model you do on a real build, so it gives you good practice. Plus, a person can build a lot more 3', 4' and 5' boats without needing the garage space of a 12', 16' or 19' boat.

On 10/12/2020 7:50 PM, John Kohnen wrote:
Photos? Plans? I'm glad you're getting back into boatbuilding, Andy.

The prototype Yaquina canoe was launched about 8 years ago and, despite being a bit worn from years of hard use in the Toledo Boathouse livery, and during the boat shows, is still usable. Pint-size persons particularly like it, but it's probably more suitable for grown-ups than the numerous Wee Lassie clones. The Willamette wil, probably be a better solo canoe for Ol' Coots like me, and will also let you take somebody along with you.