Re: Fires and such

Stephen Miller

My son in law was one of the Eugene firemen trapped yesterday up by Blue River surrounded by the fire.  Pretty scary day.  They had no radio since the towers had burned.  And too windy to fly helicopters in to them.  My daughter got a call from a department Captain.   The call she dreads.  She was sure he was dead.  All of them are now safe.  Other crews had to clear 25 miles of down trees, burned trees and power lines to get the firemen and sheriff deputies out.

He said they saved the school and a few houses but everything else is gone in Blue River.  Please send any extra prayers to the firemen and folks who have lost so much.

Steve Miller