Re: This Saturday: Sauvie's Island Circumnavigation Planning Meeting

Myles Twete

And just to discourage the riff-raff, there are signs at the river mouth loudly proclaiming the place to be members' only. I ignore the signs knowing that the waters are navigable and navigable waterways in Oregon are open to the public. Docks on the other hand, sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: oregoncoots@groups.io [mailto:oregoncoots@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Kohnen
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2020 2:30 PM
To: oregoncoots@groups.io
Subject: Re: [oregoncoots] This Saturday: Sauvie's Island Circumnavigation Planning Meeting

I answered my own question: "Just 12 miles downstream from the clubhouse and moorage and inside a bay on the east side of beautiful Sauvie Island, +45° 44' 59", -122° 46' 17", lies the club’s member-only Willow Bar Outstation."

I hate it when boating facilities open to the public get turned into "gated communities". <sigh>

The latter part of a wise man's life is taken up in curing the follies, prejudices, and false opinions he had contracted in the former.
(Jonathan Swift)