Re: Table Saw Blues --- Burnt out motor !!

Case Turner

I had all Makita for a long time. The only reason I went with desalt was because of the table saw and chop saw. Both of which are plenty for the type of stuff we all do. If I was still doing finish carpentry for a living I’d use these in a heart beat.

This past year I rounded out my battery operated equipment with desalts weed eater, leaf blower, and 16” chainsaw. These all use the same batteries as the table and chop saws.

All of which I’ve been throughly impressed with. When I’m exploring back roads or camping the chain saw is always me. There was a ton of blow down last winter and without it we would’ve not got far many trips.

As for the 12v being enough, for occasional users they are the best bang for the buck. If you’re running them all day long though GH the 20v is a must.

When I was in Hawaii working I was loaned a 12v Makita set to use. Didn’t cut it. I was changing batteries three times as much as the guys with 20v. So I bought the 20v drill and impact set. Mailed back the drill set, a hammer, a tape and a tool belt. Only souvenirs I brought back, lol!

Anyways the Dewalt battery tools are the real deal and I’d have no problem using them if I was still building.

Case

Sent from not here

On Sep 3, 2020, at 2:07 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

I had no idea useful battery table saws existed:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y3ntfrkr

But I'm lucky enough to have a place to plug in a saw.

I sure do love cordless drills and impact drivers, though. :o) Chuck the Duck told me that there was no reason to get anything bigger than the 12 volt (nominal) ones, and he was right. Plenty of power and handier than the bigger ones. I think the big ones are marketed towards the same sort of men who drive huge pickups and put great big motors on their boats. <g> Chuck was also right that once I tried on of the impact drivers I'd fall in love with it. ;o) I went with a Makita set, and haven't been sorry. The same batteries power my mini-vac and a little bitty circular saw.

On 9/2/2020 7:43 PM, Case wrote:
When we sold our last house that had a shop I sold all my big floor saws.
I now have all Deealt battery operated gear. Chop saw, table saw, drills, etc.
Really like all of them.
I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be. (Isaac Asimov)

Dirt